Ettusais Herbal UV Jelly SPF50+ PA+++

Ettusais is a Japanese skincare & makeup brand under Shiseido, with a main focus on skincare for acne-prone skin. Their products are free from parabens, mineral oil and are suitable for sensitive skin. The prices are also very attractive; I believe Ettusais prices are comparable to Biore and Hada Labo, for example.

I purchased the Ettusais Herbal UV Jelly SPF50+ PA+++ with my recent Rakuten JP order despite not knowing much about it, but Japanese sun creams have never failed me and for only ¥1,458 (approx £8) I figured it was worth a punt.

At 70g this is more generously sized than most Asian sun creams which tend to be 35g-50g. There's a slight green tint to the product, but it's unnoticeable when applied.

The jelly has a refreshing, slightly citrusy scent that I quite like; it's apparently scented with grapefruit, but the smell is more of a herbal one to me. For anyone that dislikes scented sun creams though, it doesn't take long for the smell to fade completely.

Unlike your run of the mill sun cream, this has more of a gel texture. It leaves zero white cast, requires minimal effort to spread while instantly disappearing into the skin. It's the type of UV protection you can keep reapplying throughout the day without worry about it clogging up pores. What also stood out to me was that it's so refreshing, that I can even use it in place of a hand cream when my hands aren't too dry.


Although it provides a bit of extra moisture so BB creams/foundations are less likely to flake, it doesn't do much else in terms of minimising pores or evening out my skin, so if needed and because it's so lightweight, I can even wear a primer on top.

As you can see in the pic below, it makes my arm look freshly moisturised.


It has been added to my repurchase list, but since I'm always adding to said list, I can never guarantee whether I'll actually get round to buying it again. I am, however, interested in finding out what other products Ettusais has on offer - maybe I'll add a few to my next Tenso/Rakuten order!

Ingredients:


Ettusais Herbal UV Jelly SPF50+ PA+++ Ingredients

Translated ingredients list:
Water, ethanol, zinc oxide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, PEG-8, BG, glycerin, polybutylene glycol / PPG-9/1 copolymer, octocrylene, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, caprylyl methicone, HDI / trimethylol hexyl lactone Cross polymer, bis ethylhexyl methoxyphenyl triazine, titanium oxide, ethyl hexane acid cetyl, PEG / PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, lactobacillus / royal jelly fermentation liquor, Mg chloride, hyaluronic acid Na, chamomile flower extract, Ca chloride, birds ethoxy caprylyl silane, (dimethyl acrylamide / acryloyldimethyltaurate Na) cross polymer, stearoxy hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, hydroxide Al, hydrogenphosphite dimethicone, silica, BHT, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, perfume

No comments